This tip should only be performed by an advanced user.
If you know you have at least one IDE hard drive on your
computer, here's how to enhance it's performance...
- On your Desktop, right-click on My Computer
- From the pop-up menu, select Properties
- Click on the "Device Manager" tab
- Click on the plus (+) sign next to "Hard disc
- Double-click on something that says "bus master"
or "IDE controller"
- Click on the "Settings" tab
- Under the "Dual IDE Channel Settings" drop-down
menu, select "Both IDE Channels enabled"
- Click the OK button
- Click the OK button in the Device Manager
- You will prompted to restart your computer to apply
There may not be any noticeable improvement in performance.